NEW YORK ( Stockpickr) -- Following the moves of insiders can be quite lucrative. If they're buying their own company stock, investors may be glimpsing a sign of hidden value. But insiders are notoriously bad market timers. Their buying is often premature, and shares can fall much further before they rise up to reflect that insider bullishness.
To protect against that risk, it pays to looks at companies with insider buying and also a great deal stock price support, whether it's a very strong balance sheet or simply a very low multiple on profits or cash flow.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV