SUNNYVALE, Calif., May 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Spansion Inc. (NYSE: CODE), a leading innovator in Flash memory solutions for embedded markets, today announced it has started sampling its first family of single-level cell (SLC) Spansion® NAND products using 4x nm floating-gate technology, targeted specifically for data storage in automotive, consumer and networking applications. Spansion SLC NAND will be offered in densities from 1 Gb to 8 Gb in 3.0V and 1.8V families that feature high performance, extended temperature range, long-term product support and stringent reliability demands, such as 1-bit error correction code (ECC). Additionally, Spansion also unveiled its SLC NAND product roadmap through 2017.
Spansion SLC NAND products complement the company's broad parallel and serial NOR Flash memory portfolio. When designs require high-performance code execution and data storage to create rich user experiences, designers can select Spansion parallel or serial NOR Flash memory. Data storage needs can be addressed with new Spansion SLC NAND Flash solutions that deliver the high reliability and product longevity Spansion products are known for. With Spansion's broad NOR and NAND Flash memory portfolio, embedded customers now have access to a wide range of non-volatile memory products, all backed by Spansion's industry-leading customer support and service.
Spansion's five-year technology roadmap includes 1 Gb – 8 Gb SLC NAND solutions on 4x nm technology today, 3x nm technology by end of 2012 and 2x nm in 2014.Executive Quotes:
- "Spansion is a strategic partner of Coship, with a strong track record of providing NOR Flash memory that meets our high standards for quality, reliability, performance and support," said Ruiliang Yang, vice president, PhD, Coship. "Its expertise in serving the needs of the embedded industry makes Spansion a welcome addition to the SLC NAND Flash market."
- "Spansion fills a void in the NAND market with its new SLC NAND Flash memory," Russell Crane, product marketing manager, Sitara™ ARM® processors, Texas Instruments. "Spansion understands the needs of the embedded segment, particularly the requirements for long-term product support and reliability. We are excited to broaden our collaboration beyond parallel and serial Flash memory to include Spansion SLC NAND."
- "The introduction of Spansion SLC NAND products is a very positive development for the embedded market," said Michael Yang, senior principal analyst for Memory and Storage, IHS iSuppli. "SLC NAND has solid growth potential in embedded, led by the automotive and consumer segments. This is especially true for embedded applications requiring product longevity as we head down the path toward smarter connected homes and automobiles."
- "Apps are moving beyond the smartphone and into set-top boxes, digital TVs and even the car. This new functionality is increasing the complexity of embedded systems and expanding application storage needs," said Bob France, vice president of product marketing at Spansion. "The new Spansion SLC NAND Flash memory is perfectly suited for these market trends. It features the right balance of performance, reliability, density range and long-term support that embedded designers require."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV