Expedia (EXPE) is an online travel company. This stock is trading up 4.8% at $44.77 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 4.5 millionAverage Volume: 4.2 million Volume % Change: 95% From a technical perspective, EXPE is ripping sharply higher here and showing relative strength in a down market with above average volume. This move is quickly pushing EXPE into breakout territory since the stock has moved above some near-term overhead resistance at $43.22 to $43.92. Traders should continue to look for long-biased trades as long as EXPE is trending above those breakout levels with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 4,196,170 shares as bullish. If EXPE can maintain that trend, then this stock has a good chance of hitting $50 in the near future. Expedia, one of David Einhorn's holdings, was also featured recently in " 7 Stocks With Relative Strength to Beat the Market."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV