Expedia (EXPE) is an online travel company. This stock is trading up 4.8% at $44.77 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 4.5 millionAverage Volume: 4.2 million Volume % Change: 95% From a technical perspective, EXPE is ripping sharply higher here and showing relative strength in a down market with above average volume. This move is quickly pushing EXPE into breakout territory since the stock has moved above some near-term overhead resistance at $43.22 to $43.92. Traders should continue to look for long-biased trades as long as EXPE is trending above those breakout levels with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 4,196,170 shares as bullish. If EXPE can maintain that trend, then this stock has a good chance of hitting $50 in the near future. Expedia, one of David Einhorn's holdings, was also featured recently in "7 Stocks With Relative Strength to Beat the Market."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV