Expedia (EXPE) is an online travel company. This stock is trading up 4.8% at $44.77 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 4.5 millionAverage Volume: 4.2 million Volume % Change: 95% From a technical perspective, EXPE is ripping sharply higher here and showing relative strength in a down market with above average volume. This move is quickly pushing EXPE into breakout territory since the stock has moved above some near-term overhead resistance at $43.22 to $43.92. Traders should continue to look for long-biased trades as long as EXPE is trending above those breakout levels with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 4,196,170 shares as bullish. If EXPE can maintain that trend, then this stock has a good chance of hitting $50 in the near future. Expedia, one of David Einhorn's holdings, was also featured recently in "7 Stocks With Relative Strength to Beat the Market."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV