Owens & Minor, Inc. (NYSE:OMI) is pleased to announce that Owens & Minor University (OMU), the company’s in-house learning and training center, was honored with three awards at the 13 th Annual Corporate University Xchange (“CorpU”) Awards for Excellence and Innovation. CorpU, the leading talent development insight and education provider, presented the awards on May 15, 2012, at the 13 th Annual Global Leadership Congress at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia.
Owens & Minor University was honored in the following three categories:
- Leadership Development – Exemplary Practice Award for its Academy for Strategic Leadership;
- Alliances – Excellence Award for its educational partnership with the United States Army Medical Materiel Agency, and;
- Launching – Excellence Award for OMU Field Certification Programs.
The CorpU Awards for Excellence and Innovation are the longest running independent evaluation of corporate learning and talent programs. The awards honor corporate, non-profit and government learning organizations that improve both business and employee performance through Alignment, Alliances, Branding, Launching, Leadership Development, Learning Technology, and Measurement. A panel of independent, expert judges from companies including Ernst and Young, GE Energy, McCain Foods, Kelly Services, Alstom University, and Landi Renzo scored the award applicants based on various criteria specific to each category.
“This recognition of the accomplishments of Owens & Minor University is truly an honor for OMU and our entire company, as well as a tribute to our teammates, who have embraced the opportunity to learn and improve their skills,” said Craig R. Smith, president & chief executive officer of Owens & Minor. “Owens & Minor is committed to providing training and development opportunities to our teammates, who make our company stronger as they gain the skills and knowledge needed to serve our healthcare customers. By making this investment in our teammates, we believe we are better able to serve our customers and our communities. We congratulate Owens & Minor University for achieving recognition in three different categories, all of which have important implications for our future. This is an impressive achievement for OMU, which we launched in 2003.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV