BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Even if you don't have a pension, pension funds could help pad your retirement portfolio with cash.
Don't follow? Allow me to explain.
The days of the common pension are behind us. For a handful of reasons, most Americans shouldn't expect to get a pension as part of their jobs. There are plenty of reasons why so many companies have done away with defined benefit plans for employees: They're expensive, complicated and potentially risky for employers who plan wrong. But if you think that there isn't a lot of cash being managed by pension funds these days, you'd be dead wrong.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV