NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- What's happening in small business today?
1. The best banks for small-business loans. Which banks lend to small businesses the most? Not surprisingly, community banks. A new tool called Banking Grades by the Philadelphia-based company MultiFunding found some of the biggest banks have the worst performances in terms of how much small-business lending they do as a percentage of their domestic deposits.
Among the 10 best banks for overall small business lending, Farmers State Bank of Hosmer, South Dakota, Community Bank of Nevada, Iowa, Farmers And Merchants Bank of Milligan, Neb., First Resource Bank of Savage, Minn. and Wright Express Financial Services Corp. of Midvale, Utah rounded out the top five.
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV