Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA), the nation’s leading network of dialysis facilities, announced today new educational resources to enhance RightStart™, its innovative program designed to educate and empower new dialysis patients.
The new RightStart materials are tailored for in-center and home patients beginning dialysis, and are intended for use during their first four months of treatment and as ongoing reference. The new resources were developed to:
- Enhance the patient’s quality of life
- Minimize complications from renal failure and maximize the patient’s health
- Increase the patient’s adherence to his or her treatment regimen
- Increase the patient’s knowledge, skill and confidence in managing health problems
- Reduce hospitalizations and premature mortality
“These new RightStart resources are part of an ongoing effort to help newly-diagnosed dialysis patients feel more comfortable and informed as they begin treatment,” said Carolyn Latham, Vice President of Clinical Quality and UltraCare ® at Fresenius Medical Care. "The program provides personalized education combined with consistent follow-through to truly engage patients and help them live a better life on dialysis.”
RightStart, the first program of its kind, pioneered strategies for improving outcomes for new dialysis patients by providing intensive education, encouragement and support to help them manage their own treatment and health. In designing the program, FMCNA sought to address some of the reversible risk factors contributing to early mortality, such as poor nutrition, anemia, poor mineral metabolism, cardiac issues, inadequate dialysis dose, and lack of patient empowerment. The program uses an interdisciplinary team approach to patient education involving physicians, nurses, social workers and dietitians who assess each patient’s learning style and capabilities.The new RightStart educational resources include information guides, videos and other tools to help patients understand how dialysis works, available treatment options, dietary restrictions and related materials that explain what to expect when they begin treatment. These resources are designed to help new patients get off to the best possible start on dialysis.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV