All of this stinks, of course, but none of it stinks more than the idea that the Morgan Stanley analyst cut numbers at the last minute and only the largest clients were informed.
If that's really the case, then the SEC has to go to Morgan Stanley today and get all telephone records, all transcripts, all correspondence and start sifting because there's no way this didn't violate the rules.
In all my years on Wall Street this is the most outrageous and egregious deal I have ever seen.
Shameful..And now someone has to pay.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV