WARREN, N.J., May 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ANADIGICS, Inc. (Nasdaq: ANAD), a world leader in radio frequency (RF) solutions, today announced that the Company is shipping production volumes of its AWT6621 fourth generation High-Efficiency-at-Low-Power (HELP™4) WCDMA power amplifiers (PAs) to Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. for the Huawei Honor smartphone. The Huawei Honor features a 4-inch high definition (HD) screen, 8 megapixel camera, 1.4 GHz processor, and Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system.
"We look forward to continuing our successful relationship with Huawei, a supplier of handsets and telecom network equipment to some of the world's largest wireless networks," said Michael Canonico, senior vice president of worldwide sales at ANADIGICS. "ANADIGICS' technology leadership and RFIC expertise has allowed us to design 3G and 4G power amplifier modules with industry-leading performance. This performance advantage, coupled with world-class sales and applications support located around the world, is helping our customers deliver smartphones with longer battery life."
ANADIGICS' HELP4 power amplifiers use the Company's exclusive InGaP- Plus™ technology to achieve optimal efficiency across low-range and mid-range output power levels and provide low quiescent currents. The AWT6621 power amplifier delivers industry-leading efficiency to extend battery life in handsets, smart phones, tablets, netbooks, and notebooks.
ANADIGICS HELP4 PA Facts and Highlights:
- Industry-Leading Performance
- Average current consumption reduction of 30%, compared with previous generation PAs
- Three mode states to achieve exceptional power-added efficiencies at low-range and mid-range output power levels
- Industry's lowest quiescent current of less than 4 mA
- Best-in-class linearity at maximum output power
- High Level of Integration
- 3 mm by 3 mm footprint
- Internal voltage regulation
- Integrated "daisy chainable" directional RF coupler with 20dB directivity
- ANADIGICS LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Photos: http://www.flickr.com/anadigics_inc
- ANADIGICS Video: http://www.youtube.com/anadigics