AVX also has an additional $225 million, or $1.32 per share, in long-term marketable securities, and there's no debt. Given AVX's extremely high current ratio, which is just under 9, the company can easily afford to pay the current 7.5 cent quarterly dividend, which equates to a 2.75% yield.
Rounding out the list are defense name Curtiss-Wright (CW), pawn shop company Cash America International (CSH), workplace uniform company UniFirst (UNH), and tobacco name Universal Corp. (UVV). It's a rather eclectic mix of names, but I would not expect anything less.
Finally, I can't help but wonder what Graham would make of the hoopla surrounding the Facebook IPO, and subsequent debacle that's still unfolding. I'm sure he would be smiling, and shaking his head.
-- Written by Jonathan Heller, president of KEJ Financial Advisors and a contributor to TheStreet and Real Money. As of publication, he had no positions in the stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV