Iteris, Inc. (NYSE Amex: ITI), the leader in providing intelligent traffic management information solutions, launched today one of the nation’s most advanced 511 Traveler Information Systems for the Commonwealth of Virginia.
The deployment is part of a contract awarded to Iteris in September 2011 by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) under its Transportation Video & Data Services project. Iteris team for this project includes Open Road Consulting, Skyline Network Engineering, and Global-5 Communications.
Iteris delivered the new 511 Traveler Information System on schedule and within budget, meeting the project’s tight seven-month deadline to ensure the system would be in service before the busy summer travel season.
The deployment involved a new state-of-the-art traveler information website, ( www.511virginia.org), a new 511 Interactive Voice Response (IVR) Phone System, and two new mobile applications. Additional capabilities were developed to support VDOT’s ‘Reach the Beach’ program that is scheduled to launch on May 23, 2012. Within seven months, Iteris integrated all of the VDOT’s approximately 800 CCTV cameras and data resources from five regional operation centers into a single, standardized video/data distribution center.“The ‘Reach the Beach’ initiative will help VDOT improve the overall traveler experience by providing updated travel times at key decision points approaching and leaving the beach,” said Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell. “This system will help travelers by providing them with the most reliable travel time information available and where possible, encourage them to use alternate routes that are less congested.” The 511 system provides commuters and travelers multi-media access to traffic information throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia, allowing them to avoid congestion on frequently traveled routes. New features include a variety of formats for distribution of information:
- The new IVR phone system has greatly improved voice recognition capabilities that enable better communication with callers;
- The VDOT 511 website provides quick and easy access to actionable information; and
- Free new smartphone apps for both iOS and Android mobile devices allow on-the-go access.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV