Silicon Laboratories Inc. Stock Downgraded (SLAB)
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 830.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$1.96 million to $14.32 million.
- SLAB's revenue growth trails the industry average of 18.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- SILICON LABORATORIES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SILICON LABORATORIES INC reported lower earnings of $0.80 versus $1.56 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.03 versus $0.80).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, SILICON LABORATORIES INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- SLAB's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 25.45%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Although its share price is down sharply from a year ago, do not assume that it can now be tagged as cheap and attractive. The reality is that, based on its current price in relation to its earnings, SLAB is still more expensive than most of the other companies in its industry.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.