Dell, PetSmart: After-Hours Headlines
The company hailed the upgrade as a "once in a lifetime event" as it allowed Ford to reclaim important assets it pledged as collateral for a $23 billion loan six years ago, including its trademark blue oval.
"When we pledged the Ford Blue Oval as part of the loan package, we were not just pledging an asset," said Bill Ford, the company's executive chairman, in a statement. "We pledged our heritage. The Ford Blue Oval is one of the most recognized symbols in the world, and it is a source of great pride and passion, both inside and outside our company. Getting the Ford Blue Oval back feels amazing, and it is one of the best days that I can remember."The stock ticked up 1.4%, or 14 cents, to $10.33 in late trades on volume of more than 1 million.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV