Brazilian Distribution Company (CBD): Today's Featured Retail Loser
Brazilian Distribution Company (CBD) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Brazilian Distribution Company fell 96 cents (-2.4%) to $39.95 on average volume. Throughout the day, 795,118 shares of Brazilian Distribution Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 561,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $39.81-$40.92 after having opened the day at $40.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.91. Other company's within the Retail industry that declined today were: Express (EXPR), down 27.4%, Wet Seal (WTSLA), down 6.8%, Pacific Sunwear (PSUN), down 6.7%, and New York & Company (NWY), down 6.6%. Companhia Brasileira de Distribuic o engages in the retail of food and non-food products to individual consumers through its chain of hypermarkets, supermarkets, specialized and department stores, and the Internet. Brazilian Distribution Company has a market cap of $10.5 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 48.5, above the average retail industry P/E ratio of 26.7 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 12.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Brazilian Distribution Company a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Brazilian Distribution Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Brazilian Distribution Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV