Shuffle Master (SHFL): Today's Featured Consumer Durables Loser
Shuffle Master (SHFL) pushed the Consumer Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Durables loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Shuffle Master fell 31 cents (-2%) to $15.28 on light volume. Throughout the day, 436,528 shares of Shuffle Master exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 648,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $15.20-$15.71 after having opened the day at $15.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.59. Other company's within the Consumer Durables industry that declined today were: Chromcraft Revington (CRC), down 9.8%, Generac Holdings (GNRC), down 5.6%, Cascade Microtech (CSCD), down 5.4%, and Furniture Brands International (FBN), down 5%. Shuffle Master, Inc. manufactures and distributes gaming devices, and operates inter-casino linked systems and slot routes. It leases, licenses, and sells its products. Shuffle Master has a market cap of $830.3 million and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 24.4, equal to the average consumer durables industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 28.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Shuffle Master a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Shuffle Master as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- You can view the full Shuffle Master Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV