Bank Of Montreal (BMO): Today's Featured Banking Loser
Bank of Montreal (BMO) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Bank of Montreal fell 41 cents (-0.8%) to $54.10 on average volume. Throughout the day, 714,794 shares of Bank of Montreal exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 565,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $53.97-$55.04 after having opened the day at $54.72 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.51. Other company's within the Banking industry that declined today were: FNB United (FNBN), down 34.5%, Hampton Roads Bankshares (HMPR), down 13.9%, Carver Bancorp (CARV), down 10.1%, and Royal Bancshares of Pennsylvania (RBPAA), down 7.7%. Bank of Montreal, together with its subsidiaries, provides various retail banking, wealth management, and investment banking products and services in North America and internationally. Bank of Montreal has a market cap of $34.55 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.7, equal to the average banking industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 1.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are no analysts that rate Bank of Montreal a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Bank of Montreal as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, growth in earnings per share and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Bank of Montreal Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV