Mobile Telesystems OJSC (MBT) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Mobile Telesystems OJSC rose 45 cents (2.8%) to $16.82 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4.9 million shares of Mobile Telesystems OJSC exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $16.23-$16.84 after having opened the day at $16.31 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.37. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Powerwave Technologies (PWAV), up 14.1%, Blonder Tongue Laboratories (BDR), up 13.8%, UniTek Global Services (UNTK), up 9.9%, and Frequency Electronics (FEIM), up 9.2%. Mobile TeleSystems OJSC, together with its subsidiaries, provides telecommunications services primarily in the Russian Federation, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Armenia, and Belarus. Mobile Telesystems OJSC has a market cap of $15.83 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.7, below the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio of 10.9 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 6.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Mobile Telesystems OJSC a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Mobile Telesystems OJSC as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Mobile Telesystems OJSC Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about MBT
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV