Old Republic International (ORI): Today's Featured Insurance Winner
Old Republic International (ORI) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Old Republic International rose 73 cents (8.3%) to $9.54 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5.2 million shares of Old Republic International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $8.92-$9.69 after having opened the day at $9.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $8.81. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Radian Group (RDN), up 9.2%, MGIC Investment Corporation (MTG), up 5.5%, 21st Century Holding Company (TCHC), up 4.7%, and ING Groep N.V (ING), up 3.9%. Old Republic International Corporation, through its subsidiaries, engages in underwriting insurance products in the United States and Canada. Old Republic International has a market cap of $2.29 billion and is part of the financial sector. Shares are down 5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there is one analyst that rates Old Republic International a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Old Republic International as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Old Republic International Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV