Ecopetrol S.A. (EC): Today's Featured Energy Winner
Ecopetrol S.A (EC) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Ecopetrol S.A rose $1.19 (2%) to $59.24 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of Ecopetrol S.A exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 673,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $57.68-$59.72 after having opened the day at $58.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $58.05. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Tri-Valley Corporation (TIV), up 9.3%, Lucas Energy (LEI), up 8.2%, Sonde Resources (SOQ), up 6.9%, and Goodrich Petroleum (GDP), up 4.5%. Ecopetrol S.A. operates as an integrated oil company in Colombia, Peru, Brazil, and the U.S. Gulf Coast. The company engages in the exploration, development, and production of crude oil and natural gas. Ecopetrol S.A has a market cap of $120.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.7, below the average energy industry P/E ratio of 11.5 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 30.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there is one analyst that rates Ecopetrol S.A a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Ecopetrol S.A as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- You can view the full Ecopetrol S.A Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV