Dunn, N.C., May 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- At the 2012 Annual Meeting of Shareholders of New Century Bancorp ( NASDAQ: NCBC – the "Company") held today at the Company's Dunn headquarters, shareholders re-elected eight directors to the Company's board of directors, announced William L. Hedgepeth II, president and CEO of both New Century Bancorp and its wholly-owned banking subsidiary, New Century Bank.
"The Board includes a cross-section of leaders who work or have experience in both the public and private sector—from business to the military, from agriculture to higher education, as well as elected office—they represent the market we serve," commented Hedgepeth. "They provide sound counsel and invaluable insight, as well as an important link to our customers and communities, to the Bank's executive management team."
The six directors who were re-elected and will serve three-year terms include:Oscar N. Harris , CPA, Senior Partner and President, Oscar N. Harris & Associates; Mayor, City of Dunn; former North Carolina State Senator; Dunn, NC John W. McCauley , CEO, Highland Paving Co.; Vice-President, McCauley-McDonald Investments; Fayetteville, NC Dan K. McNeil, President, The Logistics Company; General (Retired), United States Army; Fayetteville, NC Michael S. McLamb , CPA, Retired Treasurer, K&M Maintenance Services, Inc., Dunn, NC Sharon L. Raynor , President, LIFE, Inc., Goldsboro, NC W. Lyndo Tippett , Partner, Tippett, Padrick, Bryan, & Merritt; former Secretary, North Carolina Department of Transportation; Fayetteville, NC The two re-elected directors who will serve one-year terms include:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV