HAMILTON, Bermuda, May 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of Sirius International Group, Ltd., the Bermuda-based reinsurance unit of White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. (NYSE: WTM), has declared a dividend of $37.53 per share, payable in cash on July 2, 2012, to holders of record of its Fixed/Floating Perpetual Non-Cumulative Preference Shares as of the close of business on June 29, 2012.
Sirius International Group, Ltd. is a Bermuda holding company whose operating companies offer lead reinsurance capacity for property, casualty, accident & health, marine, and aviation exposures. White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. is a Bermuda-domiciled financial services holding company traded on the New York Stock Exchange and the Bermuda Stock Exchange under the symbol WTM. Additional financial information and other items of interest are available at White Mountains' web site located at www.whitemountains.com.Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995
This press release may contain "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of historical facts, included or referenced in this release which address activities, events or developments which we expect or anticipate will or may occur in the future are forward-looking statements. The words "will," "believe," "intend," "expect," "anticipate," "project," "estimate," "predict" and similar expressions are also intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among others, statements with respect to White Mountains':
- change in adjusted book value per share or return on equity;
- business strategy;
- financial and operating targets or plans;
- incurred loss and loss adjustment expenses and the adequacy of its loss and loss adjustment expense reserves and related reinsurance;
- projections of revenues, income (or loss), earnings (or loss) per share, dividends, market share or other financial forecasts;
- expansion and growth of our business and operations; and
- future capital expenditures.