The shoe retailer reported on Tuesday first-quarter earnings of $39.9 million, or 89 cents a share, a reversal from year-earlier loss of $38.1 million, or $1.74 a share.
Shares of DSW hit a 52-week high of $61.89. The stock's 52-week low of $35.72 was set on Aug. 22.DSW's stock currently trades at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 16.14 times; the average for apparel retailers is 13.79X. For comparison, Foot Locker (FL) has a lower forward P/E of 11.98X. Eight of the nine analysts who cover DSW rate it at buy; one analyst gives the stock a sell rating. The stock has risen 39.11% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV