Pilgrim's Pride (PPC) is a chicken producer with operations in the United States, Mexico and Puerto Rico. This stock is trading up 7.2% at $7.98 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $7.33-$8.1552-Week Range: $2.91-$7.80 Volume: 1.8 million Three-Month Average Volume: 939,511 >>12 Highest-Rated Consumer Stocks Picked by S&P From a technical perspective, PPC is bouncing sharply higher here right off its 50-day moving average of $7.19 with monster volume. This move has pushed PPC into breakout territory since its trending above some near-term overhead resistance at $7.80. This move is also quickly pushing PPC within range of triggering an even bigger breakout trade. That trade will hit once PPC takes out some past overhead resistance at $8.61 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once PPC takes out $8.61 with volume that's near or above 939,511 shares. If we get that action soon, then PPC could continue its uptrend back towards its next significant overhead resistance level at $13.05. Keep in mind that PPC will only have a chance of hitting that target if it's trending above $8.61 with strong upside volume flows.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV