Leap Wireless (LEAP) is a wireless communications carrier that offers digital wireless services in the United States under the Cricket brand. This stock is trading up 5.7% at $5.72 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $5.43-$5.9152-Week Range: $4.68-$17.66 Volume: 974,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 2.1 million From a technical perspective, LEAP is surging sharply higher here after the stock recently gapped down big on heavy volume. This move is quickly pushing LEAP within range of triggering a breakout trade. That trade will hit once LEAP takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $5.91 to $6.43 with high volume. >>5 Tech Stocks to Buy Instead of Facebook Traders should now look for long-biased trades if LEAP can sustain a move or close above $5.91 to $6.43 with volume that's near or above 2.1 million shares. If we get that action soon, then LEAP can attempt to fill some of that gap back toward $8. At last check, LEAP has hit an intraday high of $5.92 and volume is well below its average action. If LEAP fails to trigger that breakout, I would then avoid this stock if it moves back below $5.16 with heavy volume.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV