It just got easier to save money on utility bills in Orlando, thanks to a new rebate program from utility partner Orlando Utilities Commission (OUC). When consumers and builders buy the new GE® GeoSpring™ Hybrid Water Heater, they are eligible to apply for a $650 rebate, reducing the cost to purchase the water heater. The ENERGY STAR ®-qualified water heater saves up to $325 per year on utility bills, which means the GeoSpring quickly pays for itself.*
Over 10 years, this savings can add up to more than $3,000 that can be used toward a vacation, a shopping spree, a home improvement or a rainy-day fund instead of being unnecessarily drained into the utility bill.
“Many consumers are unaware that the water heater is the second biggest energy drain in the home behind the HVAC system,” said Keith Burkhardt, marketing manager for GE Appliances. “Through this rebate program, money is saved on both the product purchase and on utility bills—money the family can spend on something more enjoyable.”
Technology that drives energy and cost savingsThe GeoSpring’s hybrid technology is designed to absorb heat in ambient air and transfer it into the water. Since this uses much less energy than what’s needed to generate radiant heat—as used in a conventional electric tank water heater—the GeoSpring is more economical to operate. Other features of the GeoSpring include:
- Includes the same water and electrical connections as the standard electric water heater, making it easy to install.
- Provides the same amount of hot water as traditional 50-gallon standard electric water heaters.
- Integrated electronics on the GeoSpring’s control panel offer exclusive features, such as Vacation mode, which will lower the water temperature to 50 degrees for the duration of a trip, and then automatically reenergize itself the day before the homeowner’s return.
- Offers additional control over water temperature by allowing consumers to adjust the temperature setting in one-degree increments from 100 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV