Law Firm Brower Piven Announces Investigation In Connection With The Acquisition Of EDGAR Online Inc. By R. R. Donnelley & Sons Company
The law firm of Brower Piven, A Professional Corporation, has commenced an investigation into possible breaches of fiduciary duty to current shareholders of Maryland-based EDGAR Online Inc. (NASDAQ: EDGR) (“EDGAR Online”) and other violations of state law by the board of directors of EDGAR Online relating to the proposed acquisition of the company by R. R. Donnelley & Sons Company (“R. R. Donnelley”). The firm’s investigation seeks to determine, among other things, whether the board breached its fiduciary duties by failing to maximize shareholder value.
On May 22, 2012, EDGAR Online and R. R. Donnelley announced that they had entered into a definitive agreement providing for R. R. Donnelley to acquire EDGAR Online for $70.5 million. Under the terms of the merger agreement, EDGAR Online shareholders will receive $1.092 for each share of EDGAR Online common stock held.
If you currently own shares of EDGAR Online and would like to learn more about the investigation being conducted by Brower Piven, you may email or call Brower Piven, who will, without obligation or cost to you, attempt to answer your questions. You may contact Brower Piven by email at email@example.com, by calling (410) 415-6616, or at Brower Piven, A Professional Corporation, 1925 Old Valley Road, Stevenson, Maryland 21153. Brower Piven is the only firm headquartered in Maryland with a practice dedicated primarily to shareholder class action litigation. Attorneys at Brower Piven have combined experience litigating securities and other class action cases of over 60 years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV