NYSE Euronext (NYX)
NYSE Euronext, through its subsidiaries, operates securities exchanges including NYSE. Yield: 4.88% Dividend Amount: 30 cents Ex-Dividend Date: June 13, 2012 Beta: 1.63Strategy: Buy NYSE Euronext stock and offer to sell the June $25.00 strike or lower call for 59 cents over the intrinsic value. The option may get exercised early for a gain. In almost all cases, I sell the call option first to ensure the stock option leg is complete. If not, after qualifying for the dividend, I will look to close out the covered option with a gain of about 21 cents, plus the quarterly dividend paid by the company. If my shares are called away before trading ex-dividend (resulting from the option buyer wanting the dividend), I gain about 59 cents. The most I can make is 89 cents if I hold the covered call through option expiration day and the stock gets called away. My last step (completed before making a trade on the same day) is to check company announcements and news sources for possible price moving events. This is especially critical during earnings season.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV