It would be a brilliant way for Freeport McMoRan to become less dependent on its labor-hostile Grasberg Mine in Indonesia while adding some producing mines in areas of the world it isn't already involved in.
Another possible combination of companies might involve ABB, currently trading near its 52-week low with a market cap of $37 billion, and believe it or not, Emerson Electric. Who would be the acquirer and who'd be the acquired is debatable.
Once again, finding the next Cooper Industries before it is taken over means looking within specific industry niches.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV