Stocks to Watch: Hewlett-Packard, Dell (Update 1)
NEW YORK -- Hewlett-Packard (HPQ), the computer and printer maker, reports earnings after Wednesday's closing bell and an announcement could be made on a restructuring plan that may include the elimination of as many as 30,000 jobs.
Analysts expect HP to report fiscal second-quarter earnings of 91 cents a share on revenue of $29.92 billion.
Toll Brothers (TOL), the homebuilder, posted second-quarter profit of 10 cents a share, a swing from a year-earlier loss of 12 cents. The latest quarter included a tax benefit of $1.2 million. Revenue rose to $373.7 million from $319.7 million. Analysts expected Toll to report earnings of 3 cents a share on revenue of $381 million. Toll Brothers shares ticked up a penny, or 0.04%, to $27.04 in premarket trading Wednesday. 5 Hated Stocks That You Should Love
SAP (SAP), the German IT services giant, said Tuesday it reached an agreement to buy Ariba (ARBA) for $4.3 billion. SAP's offer of $45 a share offer represents a 20% premium to Ariba's closing price on Monday. The deal is expected to close in the third quarter. Shares of SAP fell 12 cents, or 0.2%, in premarket trading Wednesday to $58.57. Ariba was off 9 cents to $44.78. Yahoo! Shareholders Left With a Long Facebook Battle
American Eagle Outfitters (AEO) is expected by analysts Wednesday to report fiscal first-quarter earnings of 20 cents a share on sales of $719 million. Gold: The World's Friend for 5,000 Years
Monsanto (MON) announced Wednesday that it is purchasing Precision Planting, a planting technology developer, for $210 million plus a performance-based payment of as much as $40 million. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV