Unilever achieved 10th place in the 2012 Gartner Supply Chain Top 25, announced today. The result is Unilever’s best-ever performance in the index and an improvement of five places compared with 2011.
The Gartner Supply Chain Top 25 recognises the world’s leading supply chains across all industries. The Top 25 companies were selected from a total of more than 298 companies assessed by Gartner analysts. Unilever was the top European-headquartered company to feature in the list and was rated third among FMCG companies.
Unilever’s recognition in the Gartner ranking reflects the strategic role of its supply chain in achieving the organisation’s ambition to double the size of its business whilst reducing its environmental impact. During the past three years, Unilever’s supply chain has been instrumental in enabling top line growth, enhancing the quality of its products whilst driving significant savings and trade working capital excellence. By partnering with its suppliers, Unilever has achieved important milestones at the core of the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan.
Pier Luigi Sigismondi, Chief Supply Chain Officer, said: “We are delighted to be recognized amongst the top ten best supply chains in the world. Our supply chain represents the backbone of Unilever’s success and it is making the difference to our business thanks to our unique blend of global scale and local agility, combined with our focus on speed in execution. We have created a talent powerhouse that has secured us a podium finish among FMCG companies.”About Unilever: Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of fast moving consumer goods with operations in over 100 countries and sales in 190. Consumers buy 170 billion Unilever packs around the world every year, and our products are used over two billion times a day. We have more than 171,000 employees, and generated annual sales of €46.5 billion in 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV