Ameresco, Inc. (NYSE:AMRC), a leading energy efficiency and renewable energy company throughout North America, today announced that it was ranked 29 th as part of The Boston Globe’s 24 th annual Globe 100 list of top-performing public companies in Massachusetts. The full list appeared in a magazine published in The Boston Sunday Globe on May 20, and can be seen at BostonGlobe.com/globe100.
The Globe 100 list categories include biotechnology, consumer, finance, industrial, medical devices, real estate, services, technology and telecommunications. Ameresco ranked fourth in the services category. For the first time in three years, the Globe 100 list features 100 companies. The recession took its toll in 2010 and 2011, making it difficult for many businesses to qualify for Globe 100.
“The positive momentum we are seeing in the economic recovery is illustrated by the Globe 100 returning to full strength,” said Shirley Leung, Business Editor of The Boston Globe. “It’s a powerful testament to the resiliency of Massachusetts’ businesses.”
To meet the criteria for the Globe 100, a company must have been public for the entire 2011 calendar year and have reported a positive net income for both 2010 and 2011. Companies are ranked on four criteria: return on average equity, one-year percentage change in revenue, one-year percentage change in profit margin and 2011 revenue.“This is a great accomplishment for Ameresco that would not have been possible without the hard work and dedication of all our employees, and our sharp focus on addressing customers’ needs for comprehensive energy efficiency and budget neutral solutions,” said George P. Sakellaris, President and Chief Executive Officer of Ameresco. “It is an honor to rank so highly our first time on the Globe 100, and we are proud to receive recognition on this list of successful Massachusetts companies.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV