RANCHO CORDOVA, Calif., MAY 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ThermoGenesis Corp. (NASDAQ: KOOL), a leading supplier of enabling technologies for the processing, storage and administration of cell therapies, today said that it received regulatory approval in Thailand for its AXP® AutoXpress® Platform (AXP) used for the processing of cord blood. The Company said it expects to initiate commercial activities in the country later this year.
"We already have a strong presence in the region's cord blood market through our efforts in China, Malaysia and India, and this approval is an important step in our strategy to expand the geographic reach of our products," said Matthew Plavan, Chief Executive Officer.
"The number of cord blood banks per capita in urban areas of Thailand exceeds that of many larger countries in the region. We believe this reflects the country's appreciation for the clinical benefits of cord blood stem cells, which should translate into high demand for quality processing and storage as the country adopts automation," Plavan added. "As a result, we consider Thailand to be an important strategic target with high potential for conversion to automated processing. This approval positions us to begin aggressively marketing the benefits of AXP automation," he noted.
About ThermoGenesis Corp.ThermoGenesis Corp. ( www.thermogenesis.com) is a leader in developing and manufacturing automated blood processing systems and disposable products that enable the manufacture, preservation and delivery of cell and tissue therapy products. These include:
- The BioArchive® System, an automated cryogenic device, used by cord blood stem cell banks in more than 30 countries for cryopreserving and archiving cord blood stem cell units for transplant.
- AXP® AutoXpress® Platform (AXP), a proprietary family of automated devices that includes the AXP and the MXP® MarrowXpress® and companion sterile blood processing disposables for harvesting stem cells in closed systems. The AXP device is used for the processing of cord blood. The MXP is used for the preparation of cell concentrates, including stem cells from bone marrow aspirates in the laboratory setting.
- The Res-Q® 60 BMC/PRP (Res-Q), a point-of-care system designed for the preparation of cell concentrates, including stem cells, from bone marrow aspirates and whole blood for platelet rich plasma (PRP).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts