Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM), the information management company, is hosting a Law Firm Information Governance Symposium from May 22-24 in Chicago, bringing together some of the leading information management thought leaders in the legal industry from firms such as Reed Smith, Orrick, Morrison & Foerster, Greenberg Traurig, and others.
The symposium, held at the Renaissance Blackstone Hotel, will feature workgroups, led by law firm information management professionals, examining strategies for tackling information governance in law firms. The goal of these workgroups is to develop an initial roadmap on how to bring information governance to law firms. Iron Mountain will publish the workgroups’ findings in a report later this summer as an invitation for broader discussion on law firm information governance.
Law firms find themselves at an information governance crossroads, challenged by the growth of information, the pervasiveness of mobile devices, greater movement of client information as partners change firms, and the growing threat of cyber attacks and security breaches. As a result, information governance is top of mind in law firms today. To navigate through these changes, the symposium workgroups will focus on:
- Defining information governance – what is it and how it works;
- Collaborating across the firm – how departments work together to develop and run information governance processes;
- Securing information – managing mobility and technology to ensure security and compliance;
- Moving forward – strategies for communicating with attorneys about information governance, developing staff proficiencies, and garnering resources for the journey.
“Many law firms are already introducing information governance in some form or fashion, but what they lack is a platform for collaborating on industry-wide common principles and best practices,” said Carolyn Casey, Esq., senior manager, legal vertical for Iron Mountain. “It has been an honor to work with leaders from AmLaw100 firms to design the symposium; we all felt strongly that it needed to be results-oriented and deliver an initial set of findings that could be shared with the broader legal community.”About Iron Mountain Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM) provides information storage and management services that help organizations lower the costs, risks and inefficiencies of managing their physical and digital data. The Company’s solutions enable customers to protect and better use their information so they can optimize their business and ensure proper recovery, compliance and discovery. Founded in 1951, Iron Mountain manages billions of information assets, including business records, electronic files, medical data and more for organizations around the world. Visit www.ironmountain.com or follow the company on Twitter @IronMountain for more information.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV