Shares of Facebook, which made an eagerly anticipated and eventful public debut on Friday, slipped 2.73% to $33.10 on Tuesday. The company's stock closed down 10.99% at $34.03 on Monday, well below its IPO price of $38 and Friday's $45 intraday high.
Facebook was also one of the most active premarket Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 831,514. The Menlo Park, Calif.-based firm's IPO was the largest ever offering from a tech company.
Sirius XM (SIRI) was another active Nasdaq stock, rising 1.52% to $2.01 on share volume of 127,283.Shares of Dell (DELL), which reports its first-quarter results after market close on Tuesday, crept up 0.73% to $15.08 early on Tuesday. The No. 2 PC maker closed up 1.56% at $14.97 on Monday. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expect Dell to report revenue of $14.91 billion and earnings of 46 cents a share, compared to $15 billion and earnings of 55 cents a share in the prior year's quarter. Storage giant EMC (EMC), which kicked off its annual EMC World event in Las Vegas on Monday, was up 1.71% to $26.19 early on Tuesday. The Hopkinton, Mass.-based firm unveiled 42 new products and technologies on the opening day of the event, refreshing its storage, backup, virtualization and management offerings. EMC shares closed up 3.25% at $25.75 on Monday. --Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV