May 22, 2012
/PRNewswire/ -- OneBeacon Professional Insurance (OBPI), a member of OneBeacon Insurance Group (NYSE:OB), today announced that
, Director of Risk Control Services, will speak at the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE) Professional Development Conference on
McCarty's session, entitled, "Slip Sliding Away: Tribometers, Slip Testing and the Standards," will discuss various methods and tactics to help prevent claims related to slips and falls, including walkway auditing and the use of friction measuring devices such as tribometers. The session, which will be held on
4:30-5:30 p.m. MDT
, will also touch on established safety standards and address the most up to date information on standards development. This year will be McCarty's sixth time presenting at the national Professional Development Conference.
About OneBeacon Professional Insurance:
OneBeacon Professional Insurance is a member of OneBeacon Insurance Group that specializes in professional liability solutions for targeted industries including hospitals, long-term care facilities, medical facilities, physician groups, media organizations, lawyers, real estate professionals, design professionals, financial services and technology providers. Additionally, OneBeacon Professional Insurance provides employment practices liability insurance, management liability and tailored products for complex organizations including health care provider excess insurance and HMO reinsurance. General liability, property and workers compensation coverages are also available for financial institutions.
OneBeacon Insurance Group, Ltd. is a
-domiciled holding company that is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "OB." OneBeacon's underwriting companies offer a range of specialty insurance products sold through independent agencies, regional and national brokers, wholesalers and managing general agencies. Each business is managed by an experienced team of specialty insurance professionals focused on a specific customer group or industry segment. OneBeacon's solutions target professional liability; ocean and inland marine; collector cars and boats; energy; entertainment, sports and leisure; excess property; environmental; group accident; programs; public entities; technology; and tuition refund. For further information about our products and services visit:
and to remain up to date on OneBeacon's news, follow us on Twitter
or visit our online newsroom:
Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995
This press release may contain "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of historical facts, included or referenced in this release which address activities, events or developments which we expect or anticipate will or may occur in the future are forward-looking statements. The words "will," "believe," "intend," "expect," "anticipate," "project," "estimate," "predict" and similar expressions are also intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among others, statements with respect to OneBeacon's:
- change in book value per share or return on equity;
- business strategy;
- financial and operating targets or plans;
- incurred loss and loss adjustment expenses and the adequacy of its loss and loss adjustment expense reserves and related reinsurance;
- projections of revenues, income (or loss), earnings (or loss) per share, dividends, market share or other financial forecasts;
- expansion and growth of our business and operations; and
- future capital expenditures.
These statements are based on certain assumptions and analyses made by OneBeacon in light of its experience and perception of historical trends, current conditions and expected future developments, as well as other factors believed to be appropriate in the circumstances. However, whether actual results and developments will conform to our expectations and predictions is subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations, including:
- claims arising from catastrophic events, such as hurricanes, windstorms, earthquakes, floods, or terrorist attacks;
- recorded loss and loss adjustment expense reserves subsequently proving to have been inadequate;
- the continued availability and cost of reinsurance coverage;
- the continued availability of capital and financing;
- general economic, market or business conditions;
- business opportunities (or lack thereof) that may be presented to it and pursued;
- competitive forces, including the conduct of other property and casualty insurers and agents;
- changes in domestic or foreign laws or regulations, or their interpretation, applicable to OneBeacon, its competitors, its agents or its customers;
- an economic downturn or other economic conditions adversely affecting its financial position including stock market volatility;
- actions taken by ratings agencies from time to time, such as financial strength or credit ratings downgrades or placing ratings on negative watch;
- the risks that are described from time to time in OneBeacon's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to OneBeacon's Annual Report on the Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2011 filed February 28, 2012.
Consequently, all of the forward-looking statements made in this press release are qualified by these cautionary statements, and there can be no assurance that the actual results or developments anticipated by OneBeacon will be realized or, even if substantially realized, that they will have the expected consequences to, or effects on, OneBeacon or its business or operations. OneBeacon assumes no obligation to update publicly any such forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.