- Total revenue increased 6.7% to $52.5 million from $49.1 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2011. Revenue from the retail segment increased 6.8% to $28.9 million, including a comparable store sales increase of 7.3%. Revenue from the direct segment increased 6.6% to $23.6 million.
- Consolidated gross margin was 33.2% compared to 33.5% in the prior year quarter, primarily due to increased shipping and handling costs partially offset by increased merchandise margins and leveraging of occupancy costs.
- Net loss was $3.7 million, or $0.12 per diluted share, compared to net loss for the first quarter of fiscal 2011 of $4.5 million, or $0.14 per diluted share. The net loss for the first quarter of fiscal 2012 included a gift card breakage benefit of $0.6 million, or $0.02 per diluted share, and income tax expense of $43,000. The net loss for the first quarter of fiscal 2011 included a gift card breakage benefit of $38,000, as well as a benefit for income taxes of $1.0 million, or $0.03 per diluted share
DELiA*s, Inc. Announces First Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.