- Total revenue increased 6.7% to $52.5 million from $49.1 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2011. Revenue from the retail segment increased 6.8% to $28.9 million, including a comparable store sales increase of 7.3%. Revenue from the direct segment increased 6.6% to $23.6 million.
- Consolidated gross margin was 33.2% compared to 33.5% in the prior year quarter, primarily due to increased shipping and handling costs partially offset by increased merchandise margins and leveraging of occupancy costs.
- Net loss was $3.7 million, or $0.12 per diluted share, compared to net loss for the first quarter of fiscal 2011 of $4.5 million, or $0.14 per diluted share. The net loss for the first quarter of fiscal 2012 included a gift card breakage benefit of $0.6 million, or $0.02 per diluted share, and income tax expense of $43,000. The net loss for the first quarter of fiscal 2011 included a gift card breakage benefit of $38,000, as well as a benefit for income taxes of $1.0 million, or $0.03 per diluted share
DELiA*s, Inc. Announces First Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts