Medtronic, Inc. (NYSE:MDT) today announced financial results for its fourth quarter and fiscal year ended April 27, 2012.
The company reported worldwide fourth quarter revenue of $4.297 billion, compared to the $4.167 billion reported in the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2011, an increase of 4 percent on a constant currency basis after adjusting for a $42 million negative foreign currency impact or 3 percent as reported. As reported, fourth quarter net earnings were $991 million, or $0.94 per diluted share, an increase of 28 percent and 31 percent, respectively, over the same period in the prior year. As detailed in the attached table, fourth quarter net earnings and diluted earnings per share on a non-GAAP basis were $1.036 billion and $0.99, an increase of 7 percent and 10 percent, respectively, over the same period in the prior year.
The company reported fiscal year 2012 revenue of $16.184 billion, an increase of 3 percent on a constant currency basis after adjusting for a $273 million positive foreign currency impact or 4 percent as reported. As reported, fiscal year 2012 net earnings were $3.617 billion or $3.41 per diluted share, an increase of 17 percent and 19 percent, respectively. As detailed in the attached table, fiscal year 2012 non-GAAP net earnings and diluted earnings per share were $3.666 billion and $3.46, an increase of 1 percent and 3 percent, respectively.
Fiscal year 2012 international revenue of $7.356 billion grew 7 percent on a constant currency basis or 11 percent as reported. Fourth quarter international revenue of $1.998 billion increased 7 percent on a constant currency basis or 5 percent as reported. International sales accounted for 46 percent of Medtronic’s worldwide revenue in the quarter. Emerging market revenue of $463 million increased 20 percent on a constant currency basis or 19 percent as reported and now represents 11 percent of company revenue.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV