TORONTO, May 22, 2012 /CNW/ - Sears Canada Inc. (TSX: SCC) announced today the appointment of Don Ross to its Board of Directors, effective immediately. Mr. Ross is a partner at a prominent law firm in Toronto and is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the New York State Bar Association, and the Canadian, American and International Bar Associations.
Sears Canada also announced today the resignation from the Board of Deidra Merriwether, Senior Vice President and President - Retail Services of Sears Holdings Corporation.
"The Board of Directors of Sears Canada is pleased to have attracted Mr. Ross to our Board," said William C. Crowley, Chairman of the Board, Sears Canada Inc. "Mr. Ross brings extensive experience in both domestic and cross-border commercial matters as well as in corporate governance, and the Board welcomes such an esteemed lawyer, educator and author."
"The Board would like to express its gratitude to Deidra Merriwether, who served diligently on our Board since 2007," added Mr. Crowley. "We thank Ms. Merriwether for her loyalty, hard work and business sense that she brought to Sears Canada. Ms. Merriwether's several years of experience in the retail industry and deep understanding of the workings of the retail business has been greatly appreciated by the Board."Sears Canada is a multi-channel retailer with a network that includes 196 corporate stores, 278 hometown dealer stores, 29 home service showrooms, 1,500 catalogue and online merchandise pick-up locations, 105 Sears Travel offices and a nationwide home maintenance, repair, and installation network. The Company also publishes Canada's most extensive general merchandise catalogue and offers shopping online at www.sears.ca. SOURCE Sears Canada Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV