NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Energy Partners (NYSE:EPL) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 11.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 46.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- ENERGY PARTNERS LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ENERGY PARTNERS LTD turned its bottom line around by earning $0.65 versus -$0.22 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.03 versus $0.65).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 110.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$14.51 million to $1.50 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 284.87% to $57.06 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ENERGY PARTNERS LTD has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 10.35%.
- The gross profit margin for ENERGY PARTNERS LTD is currently very high, coming in at 77.40%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 1.50% trails the industry average.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Latest Headlines about EPL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV