WALTHAM, Mass., May 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- EuroSite Power Inc., an On‑Site Utility, offering clean electricity, heat, hot water and cooling solutions to hospitality, healthcare, housing and leisure centres in the United Kingdom (UK) and Europe, today announced that it has reached an agreement to supply clean energy to the Cedar Court Hotel Huddersfield in Yorkshire. Under the terms of the agreement, the Company will replace the hotel's existing aged and inefficient combined heat and power system (CHP) with a state-of-the-art 100 kW CHP system which will be owned and operated by EuroSite Power. The hotel will receive a discount on the energy produced by the CHP system and reduce its carbon footprint. The agreement will provide EuroSite Power with pounds Sterling 1,500,000 over the 15 year contract.
EuroSite Power will produce space heat and hot water for the hotel's health club. The CHP system will offset 221 tons of carbon emissions annually while generating up to 2 MWh of energy each year. Cedar Court will pay only for the energy used by the facility and avoid all capital, installation and operating costs of the system.
"Having operated a CHP for some years Cedar Court already understood the value of the technology. They also quickly saw the commercial advantages of our unique On-Site Utility solution," said Paul Hamblyn, Managing Director of EuroSite Power. "Many CHP systems installed over the last 25 years are now in need of replacement and the Company continues to pursue this opportunity to accelerate its growth within the UK and European markets."
Because Cedar Court Hotels opted for the Company's On-Site Utility solution, the hotel will pay only for the energy used and will avoid all capital, installation and operating costs. The Company will also handle all service, maintenance and repair; therefore, Cedar Court will not need to provide manpower to support the energy equipment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV