There has been a lot of change, but not when it comes to the floundering tech giant's share price.
At this time last year, co-founder Jerry Yang still held a tight grip on Yahoo!'s board and its digital content transformation, battling with shareholders to retain the company's Asian assets. Yang has since left Yahoo!. Last week, amid the lingering management and board reshuffle, Scott Thompson was ousted as CEO. That, in turn, settled a proxy contest with activist fund Third Point, leading up to Yahoo!'s sale of a 20% stake in Chinese ecommerce giant Alibaba for $7.1 billion on Sunday.
No doubt, it's been a game-changing 12 months for Yahoo! and a busy past week, but forgive investors if they haven't noticed.
|Yahoo! runs out of short-term fixes as its competition ratchets up.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV