Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): Today's Featured Utilities Loser
Public Service Enterprise Group (PEG) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Public Service Enterprise Group fell 70 cents (-2.2%) to $30.98 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, seven million shares of Public Service Enterprise Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.5 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $30.77-$31.66 after having opened the day at $31.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.68. Other company's within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Distribution and Marketing Company of the N (EDN), down 9.8%, CPFL Energy (CPL), down 4.7%, Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras (EBR), down 4.5%, and Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras (EBR.B), down 4%. Public Service Enterprise Group Incorporated, through its subsidiaries, operates in the energy industry primarily in the northeastern and mid Atlantic United States. Public Service Enterprise Group has a market cap of $16.01 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.2, equal to the average utilities industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Public Service Enterprise Group a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Public Service Enterprise Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Public Service Enterprise Group Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV