Tam SA (TAM): Today's Featured Transportation Loser
Tam (TAM) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 2.6%. By the end of trading, Tam fell 26 cents (-1.3%) to $20.55 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.1 million shares of Tam exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 560,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $20.35-$20.78 after having opened the day at $20.56 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.81. Other company's within the Transportation industry that declined today were: DS Torm (TRMD), down 11.2%, Newlead Holdings (NEWL), down 6.3%, Seanergy Maritime Holdings (SHIP), down 4.9%, and USA Truck (USAK), down 4%. TAM S.A. provides passengers and cargo air transportation services in Brazil and internationally. It also engages in the aircraft acquisition, financing, and debt issuance activities. Tam has a market cap of $3.32 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 7.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there is one analyst that rates Tam a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Tam as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its generally strong cash flow from operations. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally poor debt management and disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Tam Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV