Casey's General Stores Inc. (CASY): Today's Featured Services Loser
Casey's General Stores (CASY) pushed the Services sector lower today making it today's featured Services loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.8%. By the end of trading, Casey's General Stores fell 55 cents (-1%) to $56.80 on average volume. Throughout the day, 302,916 shares of Casey's General Stores exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 221,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $56.41-$57.68 after having opened the day at $57.30 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57.35. Other company's within the Services sector that declined today were: China HGS Real Estate (HGSH), down 16.4%, DS Torm (TRMD), down 11.2%, SinoHub (SIHI), down 10.9%, and Lowe's Companies (LOW), down 10.1%. Casey's General Stores, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates convenience stores under the Casey's General Store, HandiMart, and Just Diesel names in 11 Midwestern states, primarily Iowa, Missouri, and Illinois. Casey's General Stores has a market cap of $2.15 billion and is part of the retail industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.6, equal to the average retail industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 9.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are three analysts that rate Casey's General Stores a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Casey's General Stores as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Casey's General Stores Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV