MAKO Surgical Corporation (MAKO) pushed the Health Services industry lower today making it today's featured Health Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.6%. By the end of trading, MAKO Surgical Corporation fell 54 cents (-2.4%) to $21.63 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.8 million shares of MAKO Surgical Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $21.33-$22.35 after having opened the day at $22.17 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.17. Other company's within the Health Services industry that declined today were: Fonar Corporation (FONR), down 14.2%, D Medical Industries (DMED), down 12.3%, Dehaier Medical Systems (DHRM), down 10.4%, and Mela (MELA), down 9.2%. MAKO Surgical Corp., a medical device company, markets its advanced robotic arm solution and orthopedic implants for orthopedic procedures in the United States and internationally. MAKO Surgical Corporation has a market cap of $966.4 million and is part of the health care sector. Shares are down 10% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there is one analyst that rates MAKO Surgical Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates MAKO Surgical Corporation as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full MAKO Surgical Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about MAKO
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV