MAKO Surgical Corporation (MAKO): Today's Featured Health Services Loser
MAKO Surgical Corporation (MAKO) pushed the Health Services industry lower today making it today's featured Health Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.6%. By the end of trading, MAKO Surgical Corporation fell 54 cents (-2.4%) to $21.63 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.8 million shares of MAKO Surgical Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $21.33-$22.35 after having opened the day at $22.17 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.17. Other company's within the Health Services industry that declined today were: Fonar Corporation (FONR), down 14.2%, D Medical Industries (DMED), down 12.3%, Dehaier Medical Systems (DHRM), down 10.4%, and Mela (MELA), down 9.2%. MAKO Surgical Corp., a medical device company, markets its advanced robotic arm solution and orthopedic implants for orthopedic procedures in the United States and internationally. MAKO Surgical Corporation has a market cap of $966.4 million and is part of the health care sector. Shares are down 10% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there is one analyst that rates MAKO Surgical Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates MAKO Surgical Corporation as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full MAKO Surgical Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV