Proassurance Corporation (PRA): Today's Featured Financial Loser
Proassurance Corporation (PRA) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Proassurance Corporation fell 82 cents (-0.9%) to $86.62 on average volume. Throughout the day, 105,802 shares of Proassurance Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 137,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $86.35-$87.76 after having opened the day at $87.76 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $87.44. Other company's within the Financial sector that declined today were: Carver Bancorp (CARV), down 18%, First Financial Service Corporation (FFKY), down 15.7%, Institutional Financial Markets (IFMI), down 13.3%, and Affirmative Insurance Holdings (AFFM), down 10.8%. ProAssurance Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides professional liability insurance products primarily to healthcare service, and legal service, and other professional service providers in the United States. Proassurance Corporation has a market cap of $2.69 billion and is part of the insurance industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.4, above the average insurance industry P/E ratio of 9.2 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 9.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Proassurance Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Proassurance Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- You can view the full Proassurance Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV