Spreadtrum Communications Inc. (SPRD): Today's Featured Electronics Loser
Spreadtrum Communications (SPRD) pushed the Electronics industry lower today making it today's featured Electronics loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 2.2%. By the end of trading, Spreadtrum Communications fell 40 cents (-2.5%) to $15.70 on average volume. Throughout the day, one million shares of Spreadtrum Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $15.59-$16.41 after having opened the day at $16.12 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.10. Other company's within the Electronics industry that declined today were: Enova Systems (ENA), down 18.3%, Hoku (HOKU), down 10.8%, Schmitt Industries (SMIT), down 6.8%, and Nortech Systems Incorporated (NSYS), down 5.9%. Spreadtrum Communications, Inc., a fabless semiconductor company, engages in the design, development, and marketing of mobile chipset platforms for smartphones, feature phones, and other consumer electronics products in the People's Republic of China and internationally. Spreadtrum Communications has a market cap of $771.2 million and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 6.6, above the average electronics industry P/E ratio of 3.6 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 22.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are three analysts that rate Spreadtrum Communications a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Spreadtrum Communications as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Spreadtrum Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV