ITT Educational Services (ESI) pushed the Diversified Services industry lower today making it today's featured Diversified Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, ITT Educational Services fell 57 cents (-0.9%) to $60.04 on average volume. Throughout the day, 427,275 shares of ITT Educational Services exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 418,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $59.88-$60.73 after having opened the day at $60.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $60.61. Other company's within the Diversified Services industry that declined today were: China HGS Real Estate (HGSH), down 16.4%, Mattersight (MATR), down 9.5%, VirtualScopics (VSCP), down 9.4%, and Willdan Group (WLDN), down 7.6%. ITT Educational Services, Inc. provides postsecondary degree programs in the United States. ITT Educational Services has a market cap of $1.49 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 5.8, equal to the average diversified services industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 8.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are five analysts that rate ITT Educational Services a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates ITT Educational Services as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and generally poor debt management.
- You can view the full ITT Educational Services Ratings Report.
- Use our diversified services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about ESI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV