International Business Machines (IBM) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.9%. By the end of trading, International Business Machines rose $1.88 (1%) to $197.76 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.7 million shares of International Business Machines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of four million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $194.63-$197.93 after having opened the day at $195.88 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $195.88. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Vimicro International Corporation (VIMC), up 24.4%, e-Future Information Technology (EFUT), up 21.1%, China Sunergy (CSUN), up 20.9%, and Ultra Clean Holdings (UCTT), up 17.5%. International Business Machines Corporation provides information technology (IT) products and services worldwide. The company operates in five segments: Global Technology Services, Global Business Services, Software, Systems and Technology, and Global Financing. International Business Machines has a market cap of $228.26 billion and is part of the computer hardware industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.8, equal to the average computer hardware industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 6.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate International Business Machines a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates International Business Machines as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full International Business Machines Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about IBM
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV