Amazon.com (AMZN) pushed the Retail industry higher today making it today's featured retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.7%. By the end of trading, Amazon.com rose $4.26 (2%) to $218.11 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3.5 million shares of Amazon.com exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $212.82-$219.98 after having opened the day at $214.03 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $213.85. Other companies within the Retail industry that increased today were: Pacific Sunwear (PSUN), up 15.5%, American Eagle Outfitters (AEO), up 10.5%, Michael Kors Holdings (KORS), up 8.4%, and Sears Holdings Corporation (SHLD), up 7.2%. Amazon.com, Inc. operates as an online retailer in North America and internationally. It operates retail Websites, such as amazon.com and amazon.ca. The company serves consumers through its retail Websites and focuses on selection, price, and convenience. Amazon.com has a market cap of $98.38 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 180.5, equal to the average retail industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 23.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 22 analysts that rate Amazon.com a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Amazon.com as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Amazon.com Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about AMZN
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV